Brahmand Darshan inviting you to join for Astro Tour – Star Gazing On the Mountain Top
In this modern age of bright lights and big cities, busy lifestyles, and constant social connections, it is sometimes easy to lose sight of life’s simpler pleasures. Take, for example, a beautiful night sky with countless stars shimmering overhead. There are few things that can inspire a feeling of awe and wonder like gazing up at the celestial light show taking place above us every night.
On a clear evening, in the right location, it can be almost overwhelming.
Not all destinations are created equal when it comes to enjoying these views, however, as light pollution, smog, and other manmade elements can conspire with one another to blot out the heavens. But fear not: There are still destinations on Planet Earth that offer spectacular views of the night sky for us to enjoy.
Proudly standing in front of the 2nd highest plateau in Asia – Table Top (1334 meters) and most popular Panchgani (Mahableshwar) the Five Mountains. Panchgani
sparkles with endless opportune moments to catch a glimpse of that starry night sky and you will witness an extraordinary sight. Twinkling before you, like a set of shimmering diamonds upon a silken sheath of black velvet, are countless colorful stars & constellations. Dazzling with celestial bodies from the Cassiopiea – Queen to the Orion, the Hunter, to Leo – Lion you don’t have to be an avid astronomer to appreciate these breathtakingly beautiful star patterns.
The perfect Weekend Gateway for Family, Friends and Wanderers
Event Date: 5th/6th February 2016 (Fri-Sat-Sun)
5th February 2016 (Friday)
- 6:00 AM Start from Bhayander
- 7:00 AM Borivali (National Park), 8:00 AM Andheri,
- 9:00 AM Vashi 10:00 AM Halt at FoodMall/Lonavala
- 11:00 AM Pick at Pune (Expressway)
- 1:00 PM Lunch at Panchgani (Only Veg)
- 2:00 PM Reach Site – Introduction
- 2:30 PM POWER NAP (Till 4:30PM)
- 5:00 PM Astronomy Orientation (1 hour)
- 6:00 PM Night Sky Gazing – Session 01 (WEST SKY) – Sun Set, Saturn, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Hercules, Lyra, Cygnus, Cassiopeia, etc8:00 PM Dinner Break (Hill Top Courtyard)
- 10:00 PM Night Sky Gazing – Session 02 – Cassiopeia, Pegasus, Andromeda, Aries, Perseus, Auriga, Taurus, Orion “The Hunter”
6th February 2016 (Saturday)
- 00:00 AM Astro Photography – Participant to Bring their own DSLR Camera, Tripod and Remote.
- 2:00 AM Power NAP (Till 5:00AM)
- 5:00 AM Wakeup – Early Morning Gazing – Session 03 – Gemini, Canis Major & Minor, Cancer, LEO, Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Moon. Iridium Flares, ISS, Sunrise (6:30AM), Solar Observation
- 9:00 AM Breakfast /TEA
- 10:00 AM Panchgani Market /Strawberry Picking (Optional)
- 12:00 Noon Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM Afternoon NAP (Till 4:00PM)
- 4:30 PM Assemble for Tea & Briefing, Visit to Table TOP Land
- 6:00 PM Night Sky Gazing – Session 04 – (Table TOP Land) – Sun Set, Saturn, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Beautiful Milky Way Galaxy, Cassiopeia, etc..
- 8:30 PM Dinner Break – Hill TOP Courtyard
- 10:00 PM Night Sky Gazing – Session 05 – Cassiopeia, Pegasus, Andromeda, Aries, Perseus, Taurus, Auriga, & Orion
7th February 2016 (Sunday)
- 00:00 AM Astro Photography – Participant to Bring their own DSLR Camera, Tripod and Remote
- 1:00 AM Power NAP (Till 5:00AM)
- 5:00 AM Wakeup – Early Morning Sky Gazing – Session 06 – Gemini, Canis Major & Minor, Cancer, LEO “The Lion”, Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Moon. Iridium Flares, Satellite Spotting, Sunrise 6:30AM, Solar Observation.
- 8:00 AM Breakfast – Informal discussion / talk/contact sharing
- 9:00 AM Get Ready, Pack-up and Feedback Session
- 10:00 AM Start Return Journey to Mumbai
- 12:00 Noon Halt at Food Mall Lonavala/Lunch
- 1:00 PM Vashi, 2:00 PM Andheri
- 3:00 PM Reach Mumbai (Event Closure)
Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations as per the sessions.
We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions.
1. 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty)
2. Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
3. Celestron Automated Mount (80mm Refractor)
4. EQ1 Manual – 75mm Solar Scope
5. 8 Inch Newtonian Konus Astrograph (Optional)
For Booking Details:
Event Charges : Total Charges INR 6999/-**
Rules and Regulations:
While at the camp-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rule:
1. Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
2. Due to camp-site constraints we won’t be able to accommodate half-night, half program charges.
3. Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Premises & Observation Site during the Entire Event.
4. Although the camp-site is secure with fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
5. You will be provided with a red cellophane paper at the time of registration, kindly put that on to your torches and use the same while on the premises.
6. Use of mobile phone, and camera’s is to be minimal as possible or as Instructerd by the INSTRUCTORS /ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
7. Donot Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. Human Eye requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
7. If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera andaccessories), binoculars, tripods, stands, etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment. If need be we will arrange for a shared power connection at free of cost.
Instructions and Pointers:
1. Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body and feet warm) like scarf, sweaters, jackets, caps, shawls / sheets, closed shoes, etc. (Temp in Night will dip considerably).
2. It is advisable to carry your own mattress – we will be providing a basic mattress to facilitate sitting.
3. Carry a bright torch with red Cellophane paper, personal medication and mosquito cream.
4. For Astrophotography participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery
5. We recommend that participants stock themselves with light snacks and personnel water bottle (Need to drink water regularly).
6. Morning Veg Breakfast and Veg Dinner are covered in the Event Charges, however Lunch is not covered. Participants can venture out and enjoy Lunch at the various hotel in Panchgani (at their own cost).
7. It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
What’s Included in Event Charges:
• Mumbai – Panchgani – Mumbai Transportation
• 2 Night Stay at Panchgani – Hill Top Annexe and Associate Bungalows (Rooms on Quad-Sharing Basis)
• Breafast, Tea, and Veg Dinner (Onsite Only).
• Astronomy Orientation and Night Sky Gazing++
• Planisphere and Night Sky Gazing Book
What’s not included in Event Charges:
• Anything not mentioned in the what’s included list.
• Local Site Seeing & Entry Fees.
• Lunch and Shopping
Contact Details: Any Queries or Tour Customization or Group Discount Call
Bhavin Parekh – Pri: 9594943435 / Sec: 9820134054
Mangesh Sutar – Pri: 9987744889 / Sec: 9833986686
Post RSVP please call/sms for Bank Account Details
** Post Complete Payment only Seat will be considered as Booked (We have only 30 Seats for the Event) Non-payment RSVP will be Cancelled within 2 Days.
++ Observation depend on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
++ No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows.
Once payment is done, please send an email with Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID & Mobile Number email@example.com
Visit: www.brahmanddarshan.com –> Events –> Astronomy Panchgani
Astro Tourism & Astrophography @ Panchgani
How is the Sky condition on day of program?
Use the following link to view satellite images. These images are updated intervals of normally 8 hours. General thumb-rule is if more water vapor seen in image there is likelihood of cloud formation. http://www.imd.gov.in/section/satmet/dynamic/insatsector-wv.htm