Explore New Lights Of Night With Star Gazing
Brahmand Darshan inviting you to join for Night Sky Gazing (Star Party) at Saphale, Tandulwadi Village. Come watch Astonishing World of Universe with us ! ! !
Event Date: 18th November 2017 (Saturday Night)
Location : Safale, Tandulwadi Village (18°35’13.0″N 73°18’26.4″E).
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae’s, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way Galaxy etc.. no prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them. Night Sky will be provided during the Event.
Night Sky Gazing Schedule:
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 5:30 pm.
- 6:00 – 6:30 pm – Event Registration, Introduction, Selfie Photos, Group Photo Session
- 7:00 – 7:30 pm – Session 1 – West Sky Objects, Satellite Hunting
- 7:30 – 8:30 pm – Astronomy Awareness Video Program
- 8:30 – 9:00 pm – Session 2 – Night Sky Orientation – Locating North Star, Directions and Constellations.
- 9:00 – 10:30 pm – Dinner Time (On-Site Delicious Dinner)
- 10:30 – 11:30 pm – Session 3 – Orion Nebula, Open Clusters and Galaxies and Jupiter
- 11:30 – 00:30 – Astrophotography (No Lights)
- 12:30 – 03:30 am – Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/ Tablet/ Mobile Batteries
- 3:30 – 4:30 am – Session 4 – Milkyway Galaxy & Saturn
- 4:30 am – Tea Break
- 5:00 – 6:30 am – Session 5 – Crescent Moon & Venus, ISS, Satellite, Iridium Flares Tracking
- 6:30 – Sun Rise
- 7:00 – 7:30 am – Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
- 8:00 am – Event Closure.
Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with us from informal discussion / talk/contact sharing
Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations.
We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
- 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty) – Antares GSO & SKY Watcher
- Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
- Celestron Automated Mount (100mm Refractor)
- Celestron Automated Mount for Astrophotography
- EQ1 Manual – 75mm & 80mm Scope.
For Booking: Email your details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Charges: Adult 1299/-** and Child (above 5 Yrs – 14 Yrs) – 999/-
- Tent for 2 People (Extra 500/-) Or 3 People (750/-)- Advance Booking Payment Required for Seat & TENT Reservation.
- Any Damages to Tents will recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person)
- Deepti – 9820758668 (Event Manager)
- Mangesh – 9987744889 / 9833986686
- Bhavin – 9594943435 / 9820134054
PS: Ladies/Family, please contact us if you wish to know the details of female Night Sky Gazer participant, because many female/family do not RSVP but directly call us and confirm.
What’s included in Charges
- Night Sky Gazing Event and On-Site Charge
- Delicious Dinner ( Dhaba Type) & Breakfast
- Tea & Drinking Water available.
What’s not included in Charges:
- Anything not mentioned in the included list.
- Tent for 2 People (Extra 500/-) Or 3 People (750/-)- Advance Booking/Intimation Required for TENT Reservation
- Travel Cost to-fro from Saphale Station to Site (If required 150/- PP Extra).
Please Call/Whats App post RSVP on +9199877 44889
Instructions and Pointers
- Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body and feet warm) like scarf, sweaters, hood jackets, skull caps, shawls / sheets, Closed Shoes, etc. (Temp in Night will dip considerably 12-16 degree C).
- It is advisable to carry your own mattress/ satranji/tarpaulin Sheet – we will be providing a basic mattress to facilitate sitting.
- Carry a Small torch with red Cellophane paper,, personal medication and mosquito cream.
- For Astrophotography participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
- We recommend that participants stock themselves with light snacks and personnel water bottle (Need to drink water regularly).
- Dinner cost is covered in the registration fees and there is a local ‘hotel’ near the camp-site that will cater dinner needs. Food is of Dhaba type but tasty and enjoyable.
- It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
Rules and Regulations:
While at the camp-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rules:
- Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
- Although the camp-site is secure with partial fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
- Use Site, Equipment’s and Tents with precaution’s – Any Damages to Tents will recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person).
- Use of white small torch should be minimal, it should be covered with Red Cellophane paper for reading Night Sky Maps.
- Please do respect the belongings of others at the campsite and avoid damaging any articles, tents, etc. Any Damage to Tent will be recovered from the participant.
- Use of mobile phone and camera with flash is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
- Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions.HUMAN EYE requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera and accessories) etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
- Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
- Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village
- Region & District: Saphale
- Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx.
- Distance from NH4 (Varai Naka): 12 KM approx.
- Distance from Ghodbunder: 45 Km approx.
Travel Guide (Car/Bus):
Take Mumbai – Ahmedabad Highway – Vasai – Virar – Khandiwade Toll – VEGAS Township – Take Left at Varai Bridge – Tandulwadi Village – SAI Baba Mandir.
Local Train Time-Table (Churchgate to Dahanu, via Saphale):
Stations after Virar: Vaitarna, Saphale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon, Dahanu Road
- Churchgate to Dahanu train: 5.24am, 10.06am, 3.22pm
- Dadar to Dahanu train: 5.15am, 4.55pm, 6:00pm
- Borivli to Dahanu train: 7.57am, 10.31am
- Virar to Dahanu Local train: 4.25am, 5am, 12.15pm, 3.05pm
- Dahanu to Churchgate train: 7.15am, 12.42pm, 5.35pm, 6.55pm
- Dahanu to Dadar train: 2.15pm, 3.25pm, 7.45pm
- Dahanu to Borivli train: 5.50am, 8.30am
- Dahanu to Virar Local train: 10.05am, 1.25pm, 8.45pm
** Observation depends on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
** No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows due to BAD Cloudy /Rainy Climate
How is the Sky condition on day of program?