Welcome to Summer Star Gazing Camping Under the Billions Stars
Brahmand Darshan inviting you to join for Night Sky Gazing (Star Party) at Saphale, Tandulwadi Village.
Come watch Astonishing World of Universe with us ! ! !
Event Date: 6th April 2019 (Saturday Night)
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae’s, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way Galaxy etc.. no prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them. Night Sky Orientation will be provided during the Event.
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 6:00 pm. Sunset – 6:30 pm
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Event Registration, Selfie Photos, Scenic Photo Session & Snacks.
7:00 – 7:30 pm – Session 1 – Introduction, Observe West Sky Objects (Before Setting), Satellite Tracking
7:30 – 8:30 pm – Session 2 – Astronomy Awareness Video Program
8:30 – 9:30 pm – Night Sky Orientation – Finding the North Star – Cassiopeia & Ursa Major.
9:30 – 10:30 pm – Dinner Time (Delicious Veg Dinner)
10:30 – 11:30 pm – Session 3 – Night Sky Observation – Constellations, Star Clusters, Andromeda Galaxy, Orion Nebula, Open Clusters and Double Stars
11:30 pm – 12:30 am – General Observation and Basic Astrophotography (Star Trails & Constellations)
1:00 – 4:00 am – Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/Tablet/Mobile Batteries
4:30 – 5:30 am – Session 4 – Early Morning Sky
5:30 – 6:30 am – Session 5 – Satellite, & Iridium Flares
6:30 am – Sunrise
7:00 – 7:30 am – Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
8:00 am – Event Closure
Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with us from informal discussion / talk/contact sharing
Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations.
We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
1) 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty) – Antares GSO & SKY Watcher
2. Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
3. Celestron Automated Mount (100mm Refractor)
4. Celestron Automated Mount for Astrophotography
4. EQ1 Manual – 75mm & 80mm Scope.
Child 1250/ – (above 5 Yrs – 12 Yrs)
**Advance Booking required for Event & Tent Reservation
What’s included in Charges
• Night Sky Gazing Event and On-Site Charge
• Evening Snacks, Delicious Veg Dinner, Morning Breakfast
• Tea & Drinking Water available.
* Stay in Tent with soft bedding and pullover
* Soft Music (Audio – Video for Presentation)
* Milk / Bournivita for KIDs
What’s not included in Charges:
• Anything not mentioned in the included list.
• Travel Cost to-fro from Saphale Station to Site (If required 150/- PP Extra).
• Deepti – 9820758668 (Event Manager)
• Bhavin – 9594943435 / 9820134054
• Mangesh – 9987744889 / 9833986686
PS: Ladies/Family, please contact us if you wish to know the details of Night Sky Gazer participant, because many female / family do not RSVP but directly call us and confirm on 9820758668.
For Group Booking Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of the Cloudy Sky, Event will not be cancelled and will continue with Campfire Activities
Instructions and Pointers
1. Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body and feet warm) like scarf, sweaters, hood jackets, skull caps, shawls / sheets, Closed Shoes (mandatory). (Temp in Night will dip considerably 16-18 degree C).
2. We will be providing a tent with soft bedding and pullover, those who are not used to cold climate It is advisable to carry your own extra blanket and personal pillow.
3. We recommend that participants stock themselves with Light snacks (Biscuits, Chips & Chocolate and Personal Water bottle ½ Litre (Mandatory) – (Need to drink water regularly to avoid dehydration).
4. Carry a Small Torch (covered with Red Cellophane paper) with Extra pair of Batteries.
5. It is advisable to carry your personal medication (if any) and mosquito repellent cream.
6. All baggage’s to be wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (Dew).
7. For Astrophotography participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
8. It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
9. Participant are required to carry ID proof (e.g. PAN card, Driving License) for On Site Camp Registration
Rules and Regulations:
While at the camp-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rules:
1. Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
2. Although the camp-site is secure with partial fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
3. Use Site, Equipment’s and Tents with precaution’s – Any Damages to Tents will recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person)
4. Use of white small torch should be minimal, it should be covered with Red Cellophane paper for using in Night.
5. Please do respect the belongings of others at the campsite and avoid damaging any articles, tents, etc. Any Damage to Tent will be recovered from the participant.
6. Use of mobile phone and camera with flash is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
7. Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions.HUMAN EYE requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
8. If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera and accessories) etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment.
9. Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village
Region & District: Saphale
Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx.
Distance from NH4 (Varai Naka): 12 KM approx.
Distance from Ghodbunder: 45 Km approx.
Travel Guide (Car/Bus):
Take Mumbai – Ahmedabad Highway – Fountain Hotel – Bhayander Bridge – Vasai – Virar – Khandiwade Toll – (Drive Approx 12KM) –
VEGAS Township – Take Left at Varai Naka – NAVAZE – PARGAON – HP Petrol Pump – Vaitarna River Bridge – SAIRAJ HOTEL (Take Left) – Drive 1 KM – SAI Baba Mandir on Left Side (Tandulwadi Village).- Brahmand Darshan Site
Local Train Time-Table (Churchgate to Dahanu, via Saphale):
Stations after Virar: Vaitarna, Saphale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon, Dahanu Road
Churchgate to Dahanu train: 5.24am, 10.06am, 3.22pm
Dadar to Dahanu train: 5.15am, 4.55pm, 6:00pm
Borivli to Dahanu train: 7.57am, 10.31am
Virar to Dahanu Local train: 4.25am, 5am, 12.15pm, 3.05pm
Dahanu to Churchgate train: 7.15am, 12.42pm, 5.35pm, 6.55pm
Dahanu to Dadar train: 2.15pm, 3.25pm, 7.45pm
Dahanu to Borivli train: 5.50am, 8.30am
Dahanu to Virar Local train: 10.05am, 1.25pm, 8.45pm
1. 15 Days prior to Event – 20% of the Total Billing Amount will be charged;
2. 10 Days prior to Event – 40% of the Total Billing Amount will be charged;
3. 5 Days prior to Event – 60% of the Total Billing Amount will be charged;.
4. 3 Days prior to Event – No Refund.
Note: In case of the Cloudy Sky, Event will not be cancelled, Campfire will be continued with mythology stories & astronomy videos.
** Observation depends on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
** No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows.
Visit: www.brahmanddarshan.com (http://www.brahmanddarshan.com/)
How is the Sky condition on day of program?
#StarGazing #NightSkyGazing #Astronomy #Universe #StarParty #MilkyWayGalaxy #Planets #Astrophotography #Camping #AstroTourism #DarkSky #Constellation #Photography #MeteorShower #Wanderers #Explorers #Comets #Moon #Light #Telescope #SolarSystem #MarsExplorers
#BrahmandDarshan #SaphaleAstronomy #AstronomyBeyondClassroom #WeekendOuting